October 15, 2011

30 for 30!?

Okay, it’s official. I have decided to do Kendi’s 30 for 30 Challenge. It’s quite possible that I won’t follow through with it, very possible in fact, but I’m going to try. I’ve thought about doing it for awhile now and I’ve decided I have enough good reasons to go for it.

Basically, I know I have enough cute clothes that I shouldn’t be wearing the same outfit every other day. I’m getting lazy. I think this challenge will definitely help me learn to work with what I have, which is super important since I’m on a strict budget. I think it will also help me choose a few nice pieces I’d like to add to my closet [especially since Christmas AND my birthday are around the corner!] as well as help me purge my closet a bit. Finally, I think this challenge will help me be braver. Too many times I have planned out an outfit in my head...or literally, and then not worn it out of fear. Fear of what others would think of me, fear of the unwanted attention, fear that I in fact do not look cute, but rather quite ridiculous. I’m tired of that!

I know the “rules” for 30 fo 30 are pretty lax, so here are the guidelines I’ll be going by.
  • The shopping ban - I rarely shop anyway, so I’m not too worried about this. However, I will say that if I find the perfect brown boots that I’m looking for I will be purchasing them guilt free. Also, if it gets chilly, I may not have enough tights to get me through, so I reserve the right to buy a couple pairs if needed! 
  • Weekends off - for the most part. If I have somewhere to go, of course I’ll try to include it in the 30 for 30. Otherwise, the weekends are freebies, so obviously this will take me longer than a month to finish. 
  • Friend’s Wedding - another freebie! I am going to try to include the rehearsal dinner in the 30 for 30, but the wedding is a no go! I’m pretty sure I can’t/don’t want to restyle that bridesmaid dress for a month. :P 
  • Jeans - When you see jeans listed below...it means whatever pair I feel like wearing that day! I have like 3 pairs I rotate, so I’m going to let them count as 1. This is one place my wardrobe needs a little help! 
  • I will not be counting cami’s I wear under stuff, tights, leggings, scarves or jewelery. Maybe I should count camis if they are showing, but meh. The others are all accessories, so they are freebies.

I’ve actually already been doing this for a couple of days....so here are my 30 choices!






Yikes! I’m a bit nervous about this...

peace, kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...