December 21, 2011

Recipe: Oreo Truffles

These are the best little things ever and have become a staple at all our Christmas events. I made them one year and now my family expects them! Which is fine with me, because they are super yummy! The basic recipe is super easy, then you can have have fun with a few variations.

You will need:
1 (16 ounce) package OREO Cookies, WARNING: Do NOT use double stuff, they won’t roll into balls properly!
1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
Chocolate bark, melted [I always buy one white and one chocolate]


What You Do:
1.  Crush cookies to fine crumbs in food processor or bullet. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)
2.  Put cookie crumbs in a large bowl and mix in cream cheese.

3.  Roll this mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
4.  This step is optional, but I suggest putting these in your freezer [or fridge if your freezer is too small] for a bit. I’d say an hour or two, just until they stiffen up some.
5.  Melt the chocolate bark. I do this carefully in the microwave in 15-30 second increments, so I don’t burn the chocolate. I do a bowl of chocolate and a bowl of white chocolate.
6.  Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet and let them set up. I drizzle the opposite color on top of the truffles for a bit of decoration.

 7.  When you’re all finished you can store them in the fridge or freezer until your party or whatever. I recommend eating a couple before you do that though. :)


Some ideas...

-Save some of the crushed Oreos out of the cream cheese mix and sprinkle these on top of your truffles. -Last year I bought a couple Butterfinger bars and mashed those up with on batch of oreos, then I saved some of the Butterfinger to sprinkle on top. Yum! -Have you noticed how Oreo’s come in all kinds of crazy flavors now? Like Mint and peanut butter? I bought a package of each this year and made my truffles out of those, delish! You could even use some food coloring to tint the white chocolate bark. I’m not going to lie to you, these are a bit time consuming, but totally worth it. Grab a friend to help and make a couple batches! You’ll be done in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...