June 29, 2012

Friday Favorites: Summer Reading

I’ve decided to make myself a summer reading list. We’re only a week into summer, so this seems an appropriate title. My Disclaimer: I do not intend to finish all of these books this summer, but I just wanted a guideline to narrow my choices down. I’ll be excited if I get more than 3 read before fall. Lol I just finished reading up The Girl Who Played with Fire and have started The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. After that, I'm hoping to read Divergent, but currently there is a waiting list at both of my libraries! I’m totally game for some input on books...whether they are on this list or not!!


Summer Reading List (organized by author)

  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bardbury
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare
  • Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides
    -I own this and have been wanting to read this for awhile, but I’ve held off because I do a lot of reading in the breakroom at work and when people ask what I’m reading - well some may think it’s inappropriate. Idk, maybe I’m just being silly - they do constantly blabber on about religion after all. :P
     
  • If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
  • Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
    -okay, so I’ve heard lots of conflicting things about this book, I bought it for a buck at a used book store. What are your thoughts?
     
  • The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
  • Never Let Me Go by Kazui Ishiguro
    -I’ve seen the movie, hopefully it doesn’t ruin the book - which I still really want to read.
     
  • The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
    -Yes, I read this in highschool, but I feel a nagging to read it again (because it was so horrifying).
     
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
  • Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
    -I thought this series sounded interesting and a friend has assured me I'll enjoy it!
  • Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
  • The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli
  • Uglies (Uglies #1) by Scott Westerfield

So, any thoughts??  Oh and by the by, if you're a big reader you should join me on Goodreads!

xo, kass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...